It’s true almost anywhere- the people driving the forklifts are the movers and shakers. At Muscanell, the warehouse team helps get items from point A to point B all the way to point Z, plus they’re a huge help in many other areas of the mill. Keep reading to learn more about Joe, John, and Caleb!
What is your role at Muscanell?
- Joe: Warehouse Manager
- John: Forklift operator/maintenance man
- Caleb: I am a machine operator and forklift operator
How long have you worked at Muscanell?
- Joe: 6 years
- John: 7 years
- Caleb: I’ve been working here for 3 years
What is the best part of working at Muscanell?
- Joe: Close-knit family
- John: Crew lunch
- Caleb: Driving a forklift, but the people I work with are really funny as well
What is one of your favorite memories at Muscanell?
- Joe: Our record breaking day of production
- John: Working on the moulder
- Caleb: The company picnics are always a blast when playing cornhole or basketball
What is a fun fact about you that you are willing to share?
- Joe: Graduated pastor school at 17
- John: I own a few classic Mustangs
- Caleb: Mountain biking, going to the gym to workout, and play basketball!
Joe – as the warehouse manager, would you please provide a statement about your team and department?
- I am proud of how my team has improved efficiency in the warehouse.
What has been your favorite job task at Muscanell Millworks?
- John: Tooling
- Caleb: Learning how to drive a forklift has been fun
What was your first job with Muscanell Millworks?
- John: Machine Operator
- Caleb: I started out briquetting
What have you gained from working at Muscanell Millworks?
- John: Better fabrication skills
- Caleb: My social barrier has expanded. Starting out I was super timid & quiet, now I’m really open and outgoing
What is your proudest moment at Muscanell Millworks?
- John: Becoming the moulder operator
- Caleb: Being given the opportunity to drive a forklift. Being here 3 years now, I never would’ve thought I would learn to drive one
Best vacation you have been on:
- John: I just got back from Vegas. It was cool.
- Caleb: It’s been a long time, but Oceanside, California.
Do you have a favorite quote?
- John: “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.”
- Caleb: “I am Groot!” Groot – from the Guardians of the Galaxy!
Do you have a nickname?
- John: Forklift certified
If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- John: Pizza
- Caleb: Steak with mashed potatoes & bacon wrapped asparagus
Three words to best describe you:
- John: Driven, competitive, funny
- Caleb: Short, outgoing, funny
What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
- John: Another classic car
- Caleb: A nice house on a big plot of land
What is the one thing you cannot resist?
- John: Cookie
- Caleb: Food!
Your favorite line from a movie:
- John: “May the force be with you.”
- Caleb: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” Master Oogway (Kung-Fu Panda)
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- John: Computer programming
- Caleb: It would be cool to learn how to race, drive fast cars, and competing.
When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
- John: On my phone studying a game called Dota
- Caleb: Scrolling through my phone, or going outside
Caleb – what is it like working with your dad?
- Working with my dad has been quite the experience. Knowing that he’s been here for over 20 years, he tells me tips and tricks that he’s learned over the years that makes the jobs easier.
Young Caleb has a long history of playing games and learning the ropes at Muscanell- this is him at the company picnic in 2009!